So, you haven't played Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 but you don't want to throw down $60 for an online shooter that you might not enjoy. Activision has you covered with the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Starter Pack -- it's $15 on Steam and includes access to public ranked multiplayer matches, the Weapon Paint Shop, Gunsmith customization system, Black Market trading post, and Arena, Free Run and Theater modes. The pack is available from February 16th to the 29th.
If you end up digging the $15 demo, the full game will still cost a total of $60, at least. There are two "upgrade" options that net the complete Black Ops 3 experience: The standard upgrade is $45 and the Digital Deluxe version is $85 (it includes the game's Season Pass of add-on content).
Keep in mind that the Multiplayer Starter Pack does not feature Zombies mode, the main campaign, access to custom multiplayer games or the ability to level up past 55. See the complete list of not included features below.
You can always get a taste of the Black Ops 3 campaign in our livestream.
Features not included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Starter Pack:
- Zombies game mode
- Campaign game mode
- Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
- Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
- Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
- Access to unranked server browser (once released)
- Ability to Fresh Start your profile
- The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode