Sony PSP sends kid to hospital with leg burns -- that'll teach him to play it in school

A Michigan Middle School student learned the hard way about bringing video games to school when his PSP battery overheated in his pocket during band practice, sending him to the hospital with leg burns. Apparently students are allowed to bring the systems to school as long as they don't play them during school hours -- a policy which we're sure the children follow to the letter. There's no word from Sony on the incident yet, or whether the kid was using a shady third party battery inside the system.

[Thanks, Robin W; image courtesy of Jakob L]