- Codename is "Supersonic" -- a name we've heard at least once before.
- Feels a lot like you'd expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don't have exact dimensions here.)
- It's got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn't be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.
- Runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.
- Our tipster saw it in white; production devices could be available in different colors, of course, but white seems like it'd be an intriguing choice for a phone of the HD2's size and shape.
- The phone's software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we're not looking at a release any time soon, but we don't have details on the projected launch window.
- It's fast -- Snapdragon fast, it seems, though our tipster can't confirm the processor under the hood.
HTC 'Supersonic' to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style
Remember that mysterious HTC A9292 with WiMAX rumored for Sprint a few days back? Well, take a seat, folks -- we think we've got the lowdown on it here from a trusted source, and it's a bit of a monster:
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission. All prices are correct at the time of publishing.