The long rumored (and we mean long rumored) Apple tablet has finally arrived. Is the iPad as "magical" as the company hopes? Perhaps not, but there is a lot to this story beyond the obvious: A4 chip? Micro SIM? What's the deal with Flash? Since we know you're looking for the straight dope on the big reveal, and since this is what Engadget does best, we've thoughtfully compiled the last twenty-four hours worth of coverage in something we like to call a "list." Now sit back, put your feet up, and take it all in.
Impressions / hands-on coverage
- Apple iPad first hands-on! (update: video!)
- Apple's iPad keyboard dock, case and other accessories get the hands-on treatment
- Editorial: Engadget on the Apple iPad
- The Apple iPad: starting at $499
Apple reveals iBookstore and app for the iPad
- Apple announces iWork for iPad
- Apple iPad 3G service plans on AT&T, $30 for unlimited data
- iPad has optional keyboard dock, camera connection kit and Apple-designed case
- Apple iPad event video now online
- iPad powered by custom 1GHz Apple A4 chip
- Apple's iPad keeping Adobe Flash away from your couch
- iPad can run all iPhone apps unmodified, new iPhone SDK out today lets developers tweak apps for iPad use
- iPad vs. iPhone... fight!
- iPad vs. iPhone: what does 3G cost you?
- Apple iPad tech specs: rumor vs. reality scorecard
- iPad or Kindle: will our wallets decide?
- iPhone SDK calls out nonexistent iPad cam, confirms split views and popovers are iPad-specific
- Apple iPad's 'Micro SIM' explained
- Apple iPad's user interface in pictures
- iPad won't handle GSM voice calls -- or will it?
- Apple's A4 is an ARM-based system-on-a-chip a la Tegra 2?
- iPad iBooks will be US only at launch?