Kingston Digital Announces USB 3.0 Product Roadmap for 2011
· USB 3.0 Flash Drives Aimed at Enthusiasts, Prosumers and Consumers
· Family to Include High Performance and Smaller, Lower Cost Solutions to
Meet All Consumer Needs
International CES 2011, Las Vegas, NV & Fountain Valley, CA -- January 5, 2011-- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, is boosting support for USB 3.0 in 2011 by revealing its roadmap at International CES 2011. Kingston® will develop a comprehensive suite of USB 3.0 Flash drive solutions to meet the needs of users of all levels as the technology becomes more widely accepted.
"We have already seen the successful adoption of our DataTraveler® Ultimate 3.0 and HyperX® MAX 3.0 External drive amongst early adopters demanding faster data transfer rates in portable form factors," said Andrew Ewing, Flash drive business manager, Kingston. "As USB 3.0 technology grows and more platforms and computers support the USB 3.0 standard, we recognize the need to develop different solutions to address various target markets and help drive adoption."
For enthusiasts and power users, Kingston will release its fastest USB 3.0 drive to date. The DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 will serve as the flagship model and be part of the HyperXperience™ line, a family of high-performance Kingston Flash products that will include SSDs, USBs and cards, to complement HyperX enthusiast memory modules.
In September 2010, Kingston released the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 (DTU30), its first USB 3.0 Flash drive using a SATA bridge chip to attain high data transfer rates. As single-chip controllers become available, Kingston will release a second generation of the DTU30, available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities. Single-chip controllers allow for better USB 3.0 compatibility and speed. Users will benefit from increased performance and lower costs in the next generation DTU30.
As more PCs ship with USB 3.0 capability later this year, particularly in late Q2/early Q3, Kingston will also launch an entry-level Flash drive to go with these systems. It will be aimed squarely at consumers with a lower capacity and price point to help drive mainstream adoption.
For more information visit www.kingston.com.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Kingston Digital Announces SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX
· Data Transfer Rate up to 60MB/sec. Read and 35MB/Sec. Write
· Designed to SD Association UHS-I Speed Class Specifications
· Available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB Capacities
International CES 2011 Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA -- January 5, 2011 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX memory cards. The highest speed class available today, the UltimateXX meets standards set by the Secure Digital Association for next-level performance in SD card technology.
Shipping later this month, Kingston's UltimateXX memory cards are ideal for the serious photographer or videographer. Photographers will appreciate the ability to easily capture sequential shots that were once a challenge due to the speed limitations of memory. The UltimateXX also makes it easy to capture HD video. The performance of SDHC UHS-I memory card is optimized when paired with a UHS-I device, although the card is backwards compatible with Class 4, 6 and 10 equipment.
"Kingston is pleased to be one of the first manufacturers to offer SDHC UHS-I memory cards to our customers," said Mike Kuppinger, Flash card product manager, Kingston®. "Being a member of the SD Association enhances our ability to bring new technology to market. As the devices that support SDHC UHS-I become prevalent, our UltimateXX cards are at the ready."
Kingston's UltimateXX line meets the SD Association standards for the UHS-I speed class with speeds up to 60MB/sec. read and 35MB/sec. write. At this performance level, the write speed of SDHC UHS-I memory cards is more than three times as fast as SDHC Class 10 cards. The UltimateXX product line will offer capacities of 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
Kingston SDHC UHS-1 UltimateXX Features and Specifications:
· Performance: 233x – up to 60MB/sec. read, and 35MB/sec. write
· Fast: ultra high-speed bus I (UHS-I)
· Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 3.01
· Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
· Compatible: with SDHC and SDXC host devices, not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
· Reliable: lifetime warranty
· Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
· Capacities*: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
· Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.25" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
· Weight: 0.09oz (2.5g)
· Storage Temperatures: -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
· Operating Temperatures: -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to 85° C)
· Voltage: 3.3V
· File Format: FAT32
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.