Latest in America

Image credit:

Pew: Tablet, e-reader ownership nearly doubled over the holiday season

Amar Toor, @amartoo
January 23, 2012
Share
Tweet
Share

Sponsored Links

The number crunchers over at the Pew Research Center have released another batch of market statistics today, this time, with a focus on tablets. According to the Center's latest survey, 19 percent of all adult Americans now own some form of tablet, marking a nearly twofold increase over figures from a poll conducted in mid-December. E-reader ownership, meanwhile, increased by exactly the same margin over this period, jumping from 10 percent to 19 percent. These numbers also signal a healthy acceleration from the middle of this year, when the slate and reader markets apparently stagnated, ahead of the holiday shopping rush. Overall, about 29 percent of US adults own either a tablet or an e-reader, up from 18 percent last month. You can find more stats and breakdowns at the source link below.

All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Share
Tweet
Share

Popular on Engadget

Facebook envisions using holographics for super-slim VR glasses

Facebook envisions using holographics for super-slim VR glasses

View
100 million people watch YouTube on TVs each month

100 million people watch YouTube on TVs each month

View
Amazon-owned Ring is preparing its first smart light bulb

Amazon-owned Ring is preparing its first smart light bulb

View
PlayStation is the latest to join the Facebook ad boycott

PlayStation is the latest to join the Facebook ad boycott

View
Disney axes 4K re-release of 'The Empire Strikes Back' in UK cinemas

Disney axes 4K re-release of 'The Empire Strikes Back' in UK cinemas

View

From around the web

Page 1Page 1ear iconeye iconFill 23text filevr