Although summer is slowly slipping away, the cooler fall temperatures are perfect for a bike ride. But if you're looking to get out of town, it's not always possible to take your trusty two-wheeler with you. That's OK, because Spinlister can help you rent a bike from a local through its website or free Android and iOS apps -- it might even be an upgrade from your regular ride. The company is a global, peer-to-peer sharing platform where users list and rent their bikes and action sports gear to those in need. Items are even insured up to $10,000, so there's no need to worry about theft or damage. Spinlister has been nice enough to provide a Garmin Edge 1000 for one lucky Engadget reader to help them navigate new areas, track their stats and even discover points of interest along the way. All you need to do is head down to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning this high-end cycling tech. Now there's no more excuses for getting out of the hotel gym and into the world for some exercise and excitement.
Winner: congratulations to Fernando G. of Fredericksburg, VA.
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Garmin Edge 1000 (010-01161-00) -- a $600 value.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Garmin, Spinlister and Engadget / AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until September 10th at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!