When last we heard about Global Agenda 2
, we learned the promised sequel to 2010's Global Agenda
was in line behind profitable MOBA SMITE
for attention, and that announcement was made while its developers were admitting Tribes: Ascend was unlikely to ever get more love
. But Hi-Rez Studios
CEO Erez Goren
broke radio silence on GA2
with a slew of spoilers on Reddit
yesterday (apparently before he was shadowbanned for "vote manipulation" by angry Tribes players
). The highlights?
- It is in fact a "spiritual" successor to GA.
- It'll have objective-based, 5v5 PvP with stats leveling during matches. E-sports will be supported, as will spectator mode.
- Viewpoint is first- and third-person. "Shooting is from first person mostly."
- There are "no strict classes." There is "no dedicated healer class." You just "select the way you want to play and join the queue."
- A "dome city area" might serve as a gathering point for players.
- He rattles off a whole list of weapons and off-hand items.
Clever Redditors surmise that the game might actually be named Global Assault
. Closed beta is expected "before the end of the year if all goes well."
[With many thanks to Sorenthaz for the great tip!]