Don't only take our word for it, though. Head past the break for a glance at other critical looks at the "complete and purposeful" game.
- Game Informer (9.25/10): "It's a colorful return to form for Insomniac games, and a hell of an exclusive for Xbox One."
- USGamer (4.5/5): "Getting around the city is an absolute treat, the weapons are a blast, the script was enjoyable, and customization is top-notch. Sunset Overdrive makes me glad that I own an Xbox One."
- Destructoid (8.5/10): "Sunset Overdrive may have a few flaws inherent to many open-world games and lack an engaging narrative, but it's an incredibly fun, vibrant game that's a nice break from the overly gritty tone we see far too often in today's market."
- Shacknews (8/10): "Sunset Overdrive is a very different kind of game for Insomniac, but it trades well on all the experiences that brought the studio here."
- GamesRadar (4/5): "Sunset Overdrive is an exciting, self-confident thrill ride with strengths that easily make up for its weaknesses."