What we're watching: You can pick just about any network you like tonight; they all have some eye-poppin' primetime HD tonight because it's PREMIERE NIGHT! Wow, they are really kicking off the new fall season in style. There's a literal kick-off too because it all starts with a Monday Night Football doubleheader at 7:30 p.m on ABC. We move down the field with HD the rest of the night too; there are no less than 18 hours of primetime network high-def programming tonight! I think the networks have finally seen the light (in both 720p and 1080i, no less!).
After the jump is my suggested lineup followed by our traditional listing of HD programs throughout the night. Since it's such a big night for HDTV, drop us a comment and let us know what you're watching!
My planned lineup:
- "Monday Night Football" (Saints at Giants) at 7:30 p.m. on ABC (720p)
- "Surface" at 8:00 p.m. on NBC (1080i) because the Saints deserve to win; no need to watch. Well maybe at the commercials.
- "How I Met Your Mother" at 8:30 p.m. on CBS (1080i) if Surface doesn't float my boat.
- "Las Vegas" at 9:00 p.m. on NBC (1080i) to see Lara Flynn Boyle boss James Caan around.
- "Out of Practice" at 9:30 p.m. on CBS (1080i) if "Las Vegas" is a bust. Besides, you gotta love seeing "The Fonz" back on TV.
- "CSI: Miami" at 10:00 p.m. on CBS (1080i) just because it's CSI. I'll catch the Redskins at the Cowboys during commercials.
CBS: King of Queens (8:00 p.m.), How I Met Your Mother (8:30 p.m.), Two and a Half Men (9:00 p.m.), Out of Practice (9:30 p.m.), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (10 p.m.), Late Show with David Letterman (11:35 p.m.)
NBC: Surface (8 p.m.), Las Vegas (9 p.m.), Medium (10 p.m.), The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (11:35 p.m.), Conan O'Brien (12:37 p.m.)
Fox: Arrested Development (8 p.m.), Prison Break (9 p.m.)
UPN: One on One (8 p.m.), All of Us (8:30 p.m.), Girlfriends (9 p.m.), Half & Half (9:30 p.m.)
WB: Just Legal (9 p.m.)