- 250gig SATA hard drive: $275*
- 500gig SATA hard drive: $575*
- 500gig WD Caviar SE16 SATA hard drive: $349.99 (shipping?)
- 500gig Seagate Barracuda SATA hard drive: $340.00 (free shipping)
- 500gig Hitachi Deskstar SATA hard drive: $395.00 (plus shipping)
From what I know there is only room for two SATA drives in a PowerMac G5 (without adding any controller cards), so why not put in two 500gig drives yourself? Sell that Wow Original Apple Hard drive !!! 250gig !!! Must L@@K! on eBay to offset your costs.
* (Algebraically derived from today's Apple Store prices, if you need to see the math, call me.)
** (This of course is up to chaos theory and many other electrical factors. Your second drive may outlive even your favorite parrot. You just can't know.)