Eden Studios' Nour Polloni recently sat down with Gamespot to give them a first glimpse at where Alone in the Dark stands and to reveal some information on the sequel to the game that invented Survival Horror. The game's protagonist, Edward Carnby, returns from the original game, which took place during the 1920's, to present-time New York. How he remains the same age is one of the game's many secrets.
The piece also goes on to state that the development team is taking heavy inspiration from the successful shift that Resident Evil 4 made from a methodic, slow-paced survival title to a more tense, white-knuckle action game. The team says that they plan on making the same switch with Alone in the Dark and plan on the game featuring segments of stealth gameplay, melee action, and puzzle-solving.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25