Ubisoft President Yves Guillemot told Bloomberg that, while the PS3 will sell out its first shipments, the price of Sony's console must go down in 2007 to stay competitive. Sega of America exective Scott Steinberg echoed similar sentiments, telling GameDaily that "for a lot of families [the launch price is] too expensive." We have no doubt that early adopters will secure a successful PlayStation 3 launch in all regions (Sony is more than sure of that), but beyond the launch window is still a mystery.
Ubisoft is bringing the possibly exclusive Assassin's Creed to the PS3, while Sega has reaffirmed their commitment to the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5.
Read - Sega's Scott Steinberg Talks Next-Gen
Read - PS3 price must drop in 2007, says Ubisoft boss
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25