- Number of launch titles: 29
- Average EGM review score: 71%
- Launch pro: Diverse and high number of games
- Launch con: Majority of launch titles were "rushed-out rubbish"
- PS3 launch outlook: EGM believes Sony can have a successful launch depending on the final number of launch titles which is still unknown. Like everyone else, they believe availability will at least hurt the system's initial potential.
- Number of launch titles: 10
- Average EGM review score: 77%
- Launch pro: "Not a lot" despite what the print mag calls above-average third-party games.
- Launch con: Lack of games (see above) sans a big franchise
- Wii launch outlook: $250 price, Wii Sports packed-in, and upwards of 25 launch titles including Zelda are a good thing. Third-party publisher's ability to deliver games and those searching for "next-gen" graphics may be turned off by Wii, however.
Sony PlayStation 2 1st-gen
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Nintendo Wii console