A Sony spokesperson said, "The latest generation of Lithium Polymer batteries hardly suffer any memory effect at all, so it'll be many years before there's any degradation in terms of battery performance." And with Sony expecting the PS3 life-cycle at 10 years we're hoping they'll be efficient in their replacement procedure.
Who wants to write the story on how much money you'll save with the PS3 controller over 360 and Wii battery replacement (or battery packs) in the long run?
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25