The auctioneer, who has an extreme propensity to use exclamation marks, states, "The only way you could have obtained an original copy of this game is by entering the Defend Atlantis Contest and scoring over two million points on the original Atlantis cartridge." Our gaming history is good around here but, when it comes to gaming ancient history, we get a little fuzzy. Do we have a gaming archaeologist in the house?
We have heard a lot of crazy things around here. Over launch week we expect to see a lot more; however, $1.75 million for a game? PS3 auctioneers haven't even mustered that level of greed. It's all good though, in the words of the great 20th century wordsmith Ice T, "Don't hate the playa, hate the game."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25