We're looking people with:
- A passion for World of Warcraft. You don't have to love everything Blizzard does, but you obviously need to have an interest in the game.
- Solid writing ability. (Basic spelling and grammar required -- and forming words without any numbers in them a plus.)
- Prolificacy! We'd like someone who can commit to writing on a regular (daily!) basis.
- Possess a computer and a reliable Internet connection. If your computer can play WoW, you should be able to blog with us.
- Have the software and knowledge to create and manipulate photos and screenshots. (Primarily resizing, fancier stuff if you feel like it.)
- Know (basic) blogger's HTML.
- Are eligible to work wherever you're writing from.
- Are reachable outside of Azeroth -- via e-mail, IM, Skype, phone, etc. (No, I am not creating a level one alt just to track you down and ask you questions.)
Send email@example.com an email including:
- A subject line including your full name
- Your city and state
- Your email address
- Your instant messenger address(es)
- A cover letter explaining why you're the right person for the job, including your background in WoW, current characters, and current objectives in-game
- Three sample posts about World of Warcraft, in the style of a typical WoW Insider post
- Three links to posts on WoW Insider that you feel best exemplify the sort of content we want here
- Three suggestions for how to improve WoW Insider