The finding puts Sony in stark contrast with Nintendo, who said their Wii console would be profitable at launch, and Microsoft, which iSuppli determined is now making roughly $75 in profit for every Xbox 360 premium pack it sells.
While the report reveals that Sony is charging a more than fair price for what iSuppli calls an "engineering masterpiece," we have to wonder how long it will take for game and download sales to make the system even reach the break-even point financially.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25