The video is an early documentation from WiiLi.org, a group that is trying to figure out all the technical workings of the Wii remote, with the ultimate goal of creating a "live Linux CD that will allow the Wii to boot into a fully fleged Linux Desktop without the need of a modchip, or any hardware modification." You may not understand (or care to understand) their purpose, but let's be honest: their logo, a penguin dressed as Mario, is just plain adorable!
The gurus are able to detect the accelerations (and it appears somewhat its orientation) of the Wiimote with their computer, but it is unclear to what extent they understand the wavelengths presented. Some might find it yawn-inducing, but it's a promising start.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii Remote controller