There has not yet been official verification of the lawsuit's authenticity, but real or not, someone has taken the time to draft a detailed claim -- could it all be for a few laughs? We shall see.
Alleged lawsuit summary posted on the official Xbox forums:
Filed on the 29th of November:
XXXXX XXX, Individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated,
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, a Washington Corporation, and certain unidentified Microsoft Corporation affiliates, Defendants. )))))))))))))
CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT FOR:
1. BREACH OF CONTRACT;
2. VIOLATION OF CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (RCW 19.86); AND
JURY TRIAL DEMANDED
SUMMARY OF CLAIMS
1. This is a class action against Microsoft and its affiliates for Breach of Contract, violation of the Washington Consumer Protection Act ("CPA") (RCW 19.86) and, alternatively, Negligence. Plaintiff brings this action on behalf of himself and all other persons who experienced hardware problems with their Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming consoles following installation of Microsoft's Fall 2006 Update for the Xbox 360.
2. Plaintiff XXXX XXX is an individual resident of California. Plaintiff is the original purchaser and current owner of an Xbox 360 gaming console. Plaintiff brings this action individually and as a class action under Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on behalf of the class specified herein.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03