Like rusty scaffolding glimpsed behind a tarp flapping in the wind, the numerous technical issues in Sonic the Hedgehog are a reminder of the blatantly unfinished work that permeates the platformer. Consider this video a "Men at Work" sign, warning you of loading times that pile up so high, the slightest wobble will send them crashing down on you.
It's uncertain as to which possibility is more offensive -- that Sega could release this game convinced it was finished, or that they could release it knowing it wasn't.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One