But wait, the plot thickens. Gamespot reports Sony told them, "Although the suggested retail price (SRP) of the PlayStation 3 in Canada has not changed, some Canadian retailers have chosen to increase their retail price as a result of the weaker Canadian dollar. This increase is solely at the discretion of the retailer, as Sony Computer Entertainment Canada has not issued a price increase."
We're not experts on Canadian society, but typically consumers don't like to have price increases mysteriously occur. Whether it was a passive move by Sony or retailers to create price balance, this increase for the consumer, no matter how the blame game ends up, is not going to help move units.
[Thanks to all who sent this in]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25