The website of UK magazine 360 Gamer has discovered PS3 advertising in EA's Xbox 360-bound football (soccer) sim, UEFA Champions League 2006-2007. The story here isn't so much a case of surreptitious product placement, however, as it is a tale of the benefits that come from sponsoring the world's most prestigious club football competition.
As one of UEFA's main Champions League backers, Sony's advertisement hoardings (as seen in this Xbox 360 capture) are bound to appear in any official videogame interpretation of the event -- regardless of the formats those games are developed for.
There are at least two big ironies here, as far as we can see:
- UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 isn't scheduled for a PS3 release.
- The Xbox 360 version of the game is released in Europe on March 23, which is the same day Europe (finally) gets the PS3.
[Thanks, Bruce Wayne III]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360