You say your Intel Mac has Apple TV envy? It's understandable, as the Apple TV is suddenly everyone's favorite gadget. Boost its ego a bit with this trick for "skinning" Front Row to make it look more like Apple TV's UI.
It's quite simple, really, as it's just a matter of replacing Front Row's image files with those from the Apple TV. You can even edit the default menus to display the "Apple TV" title. You can download all of the files you'll need - as well as the instructions - here (remember: Back up your resource files first!). When you're finished, it will look like the image above.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, Other
- Audio services iTunes, Other
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, MPEG-4
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs, v1.4)
- WiFi 802.11 a, ac, g, n
- Released 2015-10