Apple has just released Boot Camp version 1.2, ushering in support for the 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista. Plenty of other driver updates and new features are included in this release as well, such as:
- Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
- Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
- A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
- Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
- Improved Windows driver installation experience
- Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
- Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)
I want to issue one word of caution, however, as I don't believe the system requirements list on the Boot Camp page have been updated specifically for Vista's hard drive requirements: the last I remember, any version of Vista besides Home Basic wants nearly 15GB just to install everything that is included, so be sure you partition some extra space if you were still working from XP's numbers.
With that said, get out a blank CD and head over to the Boot Camp page to download the new version.