This is your friendly neighborhood rumor debunker, letting you all know that, despite what you may have read presented as fact elsewhere
, the Kansas school board has NOT banned Pokemon products for promoting evolution content, as was amusingly asserted in this Daily Gaming News article
Evidence to this effect (in rough ascending order of persuasiveness):
- The AP and other national news organizations failed to pick up the story, despite obvious newsworthiness and popular interest.
- National news outlets also failed to pick up the supposed church-led "Pokemon burnings" that supposedly led up to the decision.
- The "Calvary Glorious Christ Church Militant and Triumphant Baptist Temple" mentioned in the article turns up exactly one Google result -- the article itself.
- The Kansas School Board web site makes no mention of such an action.
- The ACLU web site makes no mention of the alleged lawsuit against the school board.
- The title bar on every page of Daily Gaming News includes the phrase "Seriously Satirical."
- Everything on the Daily Gaming News site is an obvious joke, from a preview of Dentist Dentist Revolution to Latin textbooks containing a guild naming chapter.
Remember, just because April Fools Day is over doesn't mean we can let our guard down when it comes to picking out fake stories. Eternal vigilance is the price we pay for accurate game news.
Reviews • 112
see all specs →
Multiplayer, Voice chat, Browser
2.9 x 5.2 x 0.9 in