The fiscal period that ended March 31 are expected to yield reports of 60 billion yen earnings -- the actual results will be released on May 16th. However, there's supposed to be a 200 billion yen loss due to the PS3 (we're confused, too... games and hardware must be quite separate). Nikkei talks about the rumored 80GB PS3 and a report of a 67% increase in PS3 shipments -- Sony is passively denying the latter, the former coming from a Sony spokesperson. So a new PS3 model is being considered.
One final note to giggle about. Nikkei said that another thing that will help Sony's financial situation is "that Sony would also benefit from not having a massive battery recall as it did its previous fiscal year." Thank you, Nikkei.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25