There was a certain Halo 3 beta video that got leaked last night, revealing a bunch of new information to how our beloved Halo 3 will look and play. The biggest news that came from the multiplayer video (which we re-embedded for your analyzing pleasure) was the game's graphics and a look at an un-announced map Last Resort, which is a re-creation of Halo 2's Zanzibar. But that's not all we learned, oh no. There is much more to see.
We got our hands on a much higher res version of the leaked beta video and analyzed every frame of it, looking for new Halo 3 information. And we came away quite satisfied with a list of new Halo 3 beta tidbits that are posted after the break. Is the list complete? We doubt it, but that's why we want your help. If you noticed something that we missed in the leaked Halo 3 beta video (embedded above) simply leave us a comment. We'll keep an eye on your comments and update our post if we feel your new info was something we missed. As we always say, teamwork FTW! So, make your way to the break already ... new Halo 3 information awaits.
Update 1 & 2: Fixed embedded video code above and updated the list.
- New veto system implemented.
- Military ranks are used and the use of XP points help to determine a player's skill level.
- Three types of matches: Ranked, Social and Custom.
- Spiffy new spawn animation we call the "blue grid sweep".
- Spawn with an Assault Rifle and two frag grenades
- Map is called Last Resort and is a re-creation of Zanzibar, but on crack.
- Every HUD notification (deaths, awards, weapon pickups) pops up very bubbly-like.
- Air lifts are included in multiplayer.
- Teammate's letter/code identifier expands when near, revealing their gamertag.
- Overall, the entire HUD has a slight concave effect as if looking through the helmet.
- Underneath the health bar on the HUD is some sort of navigation compass.
- Weapons featured: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Plasma Pistol, SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, Spiker, Spartan Laser, Brute Shot, and Needler.
- The Sniper Rifle's radar features a bright green picture in picture scope.
- The Shotgun now holds 6 rounds instead of 8.
- Equipment items featured: Bubble Shield and Power Drainer
- Equipment item listed under grenades on HUD.
- First equipment item is picked up by walking over it, no button pressing needed.
- Bubble Shield is a cone type device that doesn't move, can be entered by any person, but no weapon can penetrate it.
- The Warthog, Ghost and Mongoose are shown. Both the Warthog and Mongoose are demoed.
- Hold the "RB" to get into a vehicle.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22