The Wall Street Journal has a brief piece -- and an even briefer video accompaniment -- covering Wiimote hacking of all things. Notable: they're calling it the "Wii-mote," not Wii Remote. Even more notable: the article's front page status!
The Wii continues its mainstream media march, with the WSJ making their way to all the things we've been enjoying for months: Wiimote air guitar; air drums; Wii DJing; Wii loop machine ... and we're just scratching the surface. A very dry Nintendo spokesperson said, simply, "The Wii Remote was created to play on the Wii system only." Oh yeah? And we bet the NES controller wasn't meant to be a cell phone, TV remote, or dockable iPod controller either!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 329
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19
Nintendo Wii Remote controller