- Konami and the team behind Silent Hill have looked at the current consoles and concluded they all have limitations that hamper their ideas for the game and delay progress. Except the PlayStation 3.
- No multiplatform plans as of yet. But the sales of PS3 are slow so they may have to reconsider later on down the road if things appear dismal. Which of course means delayed progress and not taking advantage of the PS3's power.
- Tsuboyama claims Blu-ray will be a very necessary asset in their development of the game.
- The PS3, he says, is tough to work with, but when they get used to it, the processing power will be far beyond the other consoles.
Keep an eye out at E3, as Tsuboyama seemed to clam up about the game when asked if anything would be shown. Perhaps he's being a tease, but we'd like to believe that the rumors regarding the game's progress are true. The game isn't a system seller, so we expect either a timed exclusive or simultaneous multiplatform release with the 360 -- with the game smartly built originally on the PS3. Keep your fingers crossed, and keep those mannequins out of dimly lit apartment buildings!
[via PS3 Forums]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25