Now you can check out the reality on Blizzard's official job listing site. You might just find something that justifies those 3:00 am raid wipes.
First up is a call for a Mobile Producer. A few months back, we posted this mock up of WoW on an IPhone. It was derided as unmanageable, but I think Blizzard disagrees. And who's going to argue with their success? As well as this report I found predicting the mobile game industry will be worth $11.2 billion by 2010.
But let's move on to some juicy Starcraft 2 job openings. There are many opportunities to get in on the ground floor of Blizzard's newest title:
- Level Designer - We've all played with the Warcraft 3 World Editor and now you can use your maps as your submission. How sweet is that?
- Game Balance Designer - Yes, Dorothy, Blizzard really is concerned with game balance. They even create positions with the sole purpose of addressing balance issues.
- 3D Artist with User Interface Experience - Somebody has to make the backpack art icons, right?
- Senior Tools Programmer - If the terms MaxSDK, MFC, Qt or C++ look like opposing faction garbled speech, this is not the job for you.
- Online Community Representative - You know, like Tseric, but without the meltdown part. That looks bad on the resume.
- Forum Moderator, WoW - At least with this gig you don't have to respond diplomatically to the trolls, you just nuke 'em into next week.
- Disaster Recovery Specialist - Insert combat rez joke here.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 40
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Camera 8 megapixels
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in
- Weight 4.55 oz
- Released 2014-09-19