Game Politics reports that the press release was sent at the same time as a letter to ESRB president Patricia Vance. Both the letter and the press release call out the Wii version of the ultra-violent sequel for allowing players to act out forms of brutality using the Wii remote. The AO rating guarantees failure for any video game, as many mainstream retail stores refuse to carry titles bearing the Adults-Only symbol.
It's also worth noting that the PS2 and PSP versions of Manhunt 2 were not brought up by the CCFC, so it can be assumed that the standard control methods of these versions do not warrant a similar rating, by the CCFC's logic.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19