According to a syndicated Associated Press report, Sony has confirmed that the 60GB model of the PlayStation 3 will receive a $100 cut in price, effective as of Monday. Bizarrely, Sony is unwilling to leave a $499 model to fend for itself in the retail world and will be introducing another PS3 SKU at the universally loved $599 price point -- one bolstered by an 80GB hard drive and a copy of gratuitously grimy racer, MotorStorm. The more expensive model is due for release in North America this August.
We've contacted Sony for comment.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25