There are five game modes in multiplayer, two of which are new to the franchise. In Sabotage, two teams must locate bomb codes and arm the other team's nuclear warhead. The other mode, Retrieval, is a virtual scavenger hunt of sorts, where players must retrieve items scattered throughout the map. In addition, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Rogue Agent modes all return.
The servers were taken down, and information about Combat Ops has been hard to find. Thankfully, a user has uploaded a ton of impressive images from the beta to his Picasa album. Inside, you'll find some very impressive graphics, and a plethora of options to choose from. Hopefully, it won't be too long until we get some official confirmation of a Combat Ops beta.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15