Your computer already thinks your iPod touch is a camera. So why not just take it to the next level? If you stock some pictures into a DCIM/100APPLE folder, you can actually sync your touch to your computer as an image capture device.
Last night, for fun, I decided to create a DCIM/100APPLE folder on my iPod touch. I added a few pictures and thumbnails, all using the standard IMG_10001.JPG and THM format. After rebooting, I connected the touch to a computer. Bingo. My files synced perfectly into iPhoto as if I had snapped them on my touch.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 50
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 40 hours
- Video playback time up to 8 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 4.86 x 2.31 x 0.24 in
- Weight 3.03 oz
- Released 2014-06-26