Original post: When NBC announced their intention to pull their content from the US iTunes Store by December, Apple promised to make that happen much sooner:
"Apple has decided to not offer NBC TV shows for the upcoming television season beginning in September."
A few hours later, NBC stated that their new shows will be available in the US iTunes Store. Today, I found Journeyman [iTunes link] and Chuck [iTunes link], two brand new shows, ready to go. I bet other hits like My Name is Earl and The Office, which premiere on Thursday night, will also be posted.
Why? I imagine a boardroom conversation that sounded something like this:
- NBC Exec. A: Heh. We showed them. We'll make a bundle on the new stuff and then, bam! We slam the door in December. Cha-ching!
- NBC Exec. B: Um, sir? They're going to pull all of our stuff immediately. No new shows.
- NBC Exec. A: *Wilhelm scream* B-But, they can't do that.
- NBC Exec. B: It's done, sir.
- NBC Exec. A: Damn. Get Jobs on the phone.