Welcome to another edition of Two Bosses Enter, WoW Insider's series of fantasy boss deathmatches. Every week we pair up two new bosses from the World of Warcraft and pit them against one another in a fight to the death -- and eventually, one will walk away the ultimate winner. This week we're considering a fight between one of Ragnaros' many minions in the Molten Core -- Baron Geddon -- and Serpentshrine Cavern's own Lady Vashj. Though these bosses come from vastly different level instances, don't let that fool you -- we're here to talk theorycraft, and that means considering how these two bosses would realistically fare against one another and not just making a list of everyone's hit points and damage ranges. So are you curious about these two bosses -- or already have an opinion? Keep reading for more info and your chance to vote.
As a fire elemental, Geddon's primary source of damage is unsurprisingly fire-based. (Feel free to debate all you wish in the comments about whether or not Lady Vashj has a set of fire resist gear for such an occasion -- I'm guessing she doesn't.) He has three main methods of attack:
- Inferno: An AoE attack that radiates outward from Geddon and pulses ten times over ten seconds, doing more fire damage with each pulse.
- Ignite Mana: A DoT that burns a player's mana and health in equal amounts.
- Living Bomb: Geddon may pick any of his opponents and occasionally turning them into a living bomb. After a moment, the target will explode, causing damage to themselves and anyone nearby.
- Shoot/multishot: From range, Vashj can shoot single or multiple targets with her bow.
- Shock Burst: Nature damage plus a 5-second stun.
- Entangle: Roots the target in place and does nature damage over time.
- Static Charge: Does nature damage to te target and anyone in the veciinty of the target.
- Forked Lightning: More nature damage, targeting anyone in front of Lady Vashj.