IGN also previews the game, noting that we shouldn't expect as many solo-centric songs as one would find in Guitar Hero, since the game's focus is on enjoyment for an entire band. That said, IGN assures there will be tracks to appeal the budding (virtual) shredder. We tend to think there are more than enough bands out there -- Mastodon, Minus the Bear, Tool, Neil Diamond, etc. -- where every instrument part is an enjoyable challenge. The article also discusses the Fender Stratocaster-inspired guitar controller and its special effects switch.
Rock Band is (still) due out sometime in November.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360