comments that the company believes the spec-heavy first-person shooter will be "at least as strong as Far Cry" at retail, though he personally edges his hopes a bit higher, noting that this would give the studio reason to believe Crysis could be successful on consoles as well. Given that console gamers have at least a passing fancy with first-person shooters, we think the game would do just fine.
Even so, the developer openly admits that like Far Cry before it, corners would have to be cut in terms of level design and UI in order to create "a derivative Crysis and optimize it for the Xbox 360 and PS3," echoing a similar report from January this year. However, he adds that the team would work to keep the game's sophistication intact. Honestly, we had no idea Crysis was so highbrow.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360