According to Forbes, it appears that Capcom is abandoning the PS3 version altogether, making Wii the only platform for Monster Hunter 3. "Due to high development cost of titles for PS3, we have decided to switch the platform to which we release our Monster Hunter 3 title," Capcom managing corporate officer Katsuhiko Ichii said. This statement comes just weeks after Capcom pledged increase support for Sony's next generation platform.
While the Monster Hunter franchise has a relatively small following in the States, it is a powerhouse franchise in Japan. The last iteration of the franchise, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd, sold over a million copies when it launched on PSP.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19