Some eager hackers have modded the 5th gen iPod's firmware to make it look more like the iPod Classic's. If you're jonsing for split screen navigation but don't want to pony up for cash for a new iPod this is for you.
Keep in mind, though, that this entails changing the firmware that is currently on your iPod (which is Apple approved, the firmware that is, not replacing it) to something that was modified by a third party. Bad things could happen (though they could just as equally not ) so be prepared to deal with the consequences should the process run amok.
Thanks, Kai Cherry.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (80 GB, Hard drive)
- Audio playback time up to 30 hours
- Video playback time up to 5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Dimensions 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41 in
- Weight 4.9 oz
- Discontinued 2008-09