Over at the Consumerist, a Gamestop shift manager going by the mysterious moniker of G has posted an interesting look at the store's lesser-known policies and procedures. Among the tips for savvy shoppers:
- Cashiers will sometimes give a 10% "shopworn discount" for gutted games if you complain about it. Also, unopened gutted games can be returned just as new games.
- Used games you don't like can be exchanged for others within seven days (just don't abuse the policy or it'll be taken away)
- Pre-orders are fully refundable at any time (don't let a fearful employee tell you otherwise)
- First-party accessories have more resale value (and are much more reliable than off-brand)
- To get a Wii, ask when a store gets weekday shipments, call daily around that time, then hightail it over there before they're sold out again.