Assuming that you will want to craft the new Field Repair Bot 110G, as well as the Flying Machine and, if you're a wealthy engineer (oxymoron, I know), the Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, you will have some prep-work in addition to gathering materials. For the bot, you will want to be revered with the Consortium and already have flight, as you will need to farm Gan'arg Analyzers in Blade's Edge Mountains.
If you are only crafting basic flight, you will want 350+ engineering skill, level 70, and expert riding skill. If you are looking to make your epic, you will need to make both mounts, as the original is used in crafting its successor. You will also be needing artisan riding skill and engineering 375. If you're not quite there yet, check out Lisa's guide to maxing out your engineering in order to be ready for patch day.
Now that you have all your Gnomish Battle Chickens in a row to make everything that is new, it's time to tackle the hefty list of ingredients. Here's my roundup of what you're going to need:
Items that require additional reagents
- Adamantite frame (3)
- Handful of fel iron bolts (20)
- Khorium power core (1 + 8 for epic flyer)
- Fel iron toolbox (1)
- Elemental seaforium charge (4)
- Elemental blasting powder (4) (for the seaforium charges)
- Fel iron casing (3) (for the fel iron toolbox and the seaforium charges)
- Felsteel stabilizer (8 for epic flyer)
- Felsteel bar (16)
- Eternium bar (32) or 64 eternium ore
- Khorium bar (3 + 24 for epic flyer) or 6/48 khorium ore
- Fel iron bar (107) or 214 fel iron ore. If you are not making your epic flyer, subtract 48 bars or 96 ore.
- Adamantite bar (18) or 36 adamantite ore
- Star wood (8) - seek out an enchanting supplier.
- Primal earth (6)
- Primal fire (1 + 9 for epic flyer)
- Hula girl doll (1) - try visiting Griftah!
- Mote of earth (2)
- Mote of fire (1)