- Wii: The Wii blitzed the last year and is selling at a phenomenal pace. The only thing really holding it back at this point is software. Publishers weren't ready for the Wii's success, which has translated into massive quantities of reheated waggle ports. If third-party publishers start putting more effort behind the console, it won't be a "fad" created by Nintendo supporting Nintendo games.
- Xbox 360: The console with an extra year under its belt really delivered this past year with BioShock, Halo 3, Gears of War and others. A third-party publisher darling, the Xbox hasn't gotten a hold in Japan and has to continue bringing the solid titles as the Wii and PS3 finish their warm-up year.
- PS3: It's gettin' there, it's gettin' there. Hype may have gotten the heir-apparent through the end of last year, but '07 was not kind to the console. Things are slowly turning around now with Ratchet & Clank, along with Drake's Fortune and Heavenly Sword, but Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII are expected to get the ball really rolling next year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox 360