As we covered during MWSF, the Apple TV Take 2 (or as I like to call it, Apple TV Redux) will feature support buying music/movies/rentals directly from Apple TV, HD rentals and the ability to view pictures from a Flickr or .Mac account.
The update is free to existing customers and will presumably be shipping standard on all new Apple TV's as soon as it is complete.
Update: Here is Apple's press release detailing that the MacBook Air is now shipping, and that the Apple TV update will be available 'by the end of February.' Thanks to Ominx for the link.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple Apple TV 2nd-gen