You want new tracks and new tricks? The next Mario Kart also reportedly features mid-air tricks that, if pulled off successfully, will give you a boost upon landing. We suspect that will be course-specific (ramps, big drop offs, etc.) and not a sign that you'll be able to jump and twist your driver ad infinitum to speed through the race.
In addition to the 12-player online matches, you will also be able to play four-player split-screen, and ghost downloads for time trials will be available. In what sounds like it might be online-only, you can customize the game by playing as your Mii avatar on a bike or kart. Is that enough Mario Kart info to keep you satisfied for awhile? No? Why, you greedy little ...
Gallery: Mario Kart Wii
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19