Specifically, Iwata stated that Nintendo would only pursue MMO development if the title could appeal to people of all ages, from "5 to 95." Looking at Second Life, Iwata belives that MMOs aren't yet accessible to people without a fair degree of computer literacy, and that Nintendo would want to successfully cross that bridge before considering going the MMO route.
The answer bums us out a bit, but at least it shows that Nintendo isn't entirely close-minded to the possibility. Maybe we'll someday get a PokéMMO after all?
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19