While the preview notes somewhat predictably that the Wii Wheel controls "took a little while to get used to," the other play styles were reportedly "quite responsive and instantly familiar." There are some advantages to the motion-sensitive controllers though -- while a quick shake of the Wii Wheel and/or Nunchuk will perform the game's new mid-air tricks, the Gamecube and Classic controllers require players to "awkwardly [reach] for the directional pad," according to the preview.
The full article goes into more detail on the game's new items, new motorcycles, new power-sliding options and a new Mario Kart channel for online play. Check it out if, uh, you like hearing about new stuff.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19