The 28th issue of the Warhammer Online newsletter rolled into mailboxes this week. Blood, fire, and Chaos energy rippling from the seams, this latest warmachine bears a king's ransom in information for Warhammer-in-waiting fans. We've already noted the podcast all about the epic amount of voice acting coming to the game, but there was so much more! Personally, the highlight of the letter is a full rundown on the keeps and sieges system. Even though the addition of Keeps to the game came during the Beta process, their integration seems seamless. Siege weaponry especially sounds entertaining, with the opportunity to boil some stunties in their own boots particularly delicious for this Greenskins fan.
Other high points include:
- A full explanation of the Realm vs. Realm renown system. Renown will be your currency for buying abilities and pieces of awesome from your faction, and it's definitely something you're going to be dealing with.
- The second episode of Scenarios 101 covers Talabec Dam and Stone Troll Crossing.
- An overview of the Saphery zone. Gotta love Those Wacky Elves(tm).
- Player quotes from Beta.
- A Beta giveaway in the Warhammer comic book.
- Career masteries for the Bright Wizard and Zealot.
- Profiles of the leaders of the Order faction.