Nothing is wrong with these expectations we have, and indeed we should have them. After all, we want this game to be the best game possible. For many folks it's the only one they'll play. The happiness and smooth sailing in game is principally the responsibility of the customer service department at Blizzard. They're the ones to fix our issues when something goes wrong.
Drysc, one of the most visible community managers, made a wonderful post earlier this week on exactly what happens in Blizzard's support services. The full post and response are worth taking a second to read. The bullet points of his posts are as follows:
- In-game GMs are active 24/7, 365
- Tech Support and Billing work overlapping shifts, available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Drysc, Nethaera, Bornakk, Hortus, Belfaire, and all the other Community Managers are on call 24 hours a day
- Much of the rest of the staff is also on call 24 hours a day. Including developers.
- Support is trained and kept in-house. No outsourcing.
- There could be better Tech Support wording to delineate what they do, and what the GMs do.
What do you think about Drysc's recent posts?